10 Feb What makes a high asset divorce so unique?
Certain issues are more likely to present themselves in a divorce that is dealing with a large marital estate, such as:
- Business valuations;
- Determining the worth of assets such as stock options, art or antiques;
- Division of a business or professional practice;
- Division of investments and retirement plans;
- Tax implications and property settlements;
- Accurately accounting for and exposing any hidden income or diverted assets; and
- Evaluating standards of living to determine child and/or spousal support.